About the Role:
As one of the TCS Administration Support officers you will be responsible for delivering coaching and administrative support services to ADF members in the process of leaving the ADF.
This position provides clerical and administrative support to the TCS team and the members they support. It plays a key role in successfully transitioning medical, voluntary and involuntary Defence members.
In this position you will be required to provide administration, customer service and data support to the Australian Defence Force Transition Program. The position will require a high-level of administration responsibility to action a group inbox, be a key point of contact for Defence members looking to transition, provide guidance on the process for transitioning members and informing the Transition Coaches on check in updates and scheduling arrangements on Defence transition applications.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and maintain the group inbox, responding to enquiries
- Maintain a register of enquiries and action to be taken
- Provide general advice and guidance for simple enquiries and refer more complex enquires, as appropriate
- Calendar management
- Defence Member follow up calls and scheduling
- Monthly Member check in phone calls.
- Manage and maintain accurate records utilising the Changepoint records keeping system and in line with Defence records management policy and procedures
- Help maintain specific program data bases and tracking documents.
- Build and sustain relationships with team members and stakeholders
- General administrative assistance
Required Skills and Experience:
Applicants MUST hold or have the ability to maintain a baseline clearance and be an Australian Citizen
- High-level administration skills including attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong personnel / people focused experience
- High level customer service skills
- Strong initiative and prioritisation skills
- A proven ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally, both in person and using digital platforms
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to consistently execute on daily responsibilities with minimal oversight
- Flexibility and capacity to provide support wherever required in an environment where there is a high workload.
- Previous experience working within Government department highly regarded
- Ability to utilise a range of IT systems
Defence Member and Family Support (DMFS) offers a broad range of programs and services to help Australian Defence Force members and their families manage the military way of life. DMFS supports Defence families' self-reliance and increases the capacity of the wider community to support the needs of Defence families.
The Directorate of Transition Coaching and Support (TCS) sits within DMFS and provides national support through a broad range of programs to ADF members and their families transitioning to civilian life. Transition support is delivered internally and through private providers and may include, but not be limited to vocational training, career coaching, workplace mentoring, job search preparation courses, seminars and forums.
Please note, due to a high volume of applications, shortlisted applicants will be contacted only.
How to apply
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, please click the "Apply Now" button. Questions can also be directed to Katie at ManpowerGroup on 02 9263 8690
Senior Manager Manpower
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856