This highly reputable and continually growing market leader is one of the largest in their industry sector, and operate nationally. They provide the highest standard of education, cutting edge curricular, innovative ideas, and a nation-wide campus footprint to the medicine sector. This organisation are known for utilising best practice processes and innovations to support continuous improvement, quality of service and success as they continue to experience growth within the industry.
They are currently seeking to appoint an Assistant Accountant to join their high performing team based in the heart of the Brisbane CBD.
The Assistant Accountant will be reporting to the Financial Controller and will assist in taking the company's financial operations and functions to the next level. You will be responsible for providing effective finance, tax and accounting support to the business operations and Finance department; specifically in the financial accounting, statutory reporting, and banking areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconciliations - GL, Balance Sheet, P+L, credit cards, bank
- End of month reporting and analysis
- Ownership of Accounts Payable
- Support the preparation of financial statements
- Responsible for bank account administration and balances reporting
- Assist with month end processing and posting inter-company journals
- Preparation and review of key reconciliations (i.e. prepayments, accruals & payroll reconciliations)
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Support the preparation and processing of monthly BAS return
- Assist in preparation of weekly customer invoices and process payroll
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting, and some variance analysis
- Preparation of audit workpapers
- Work with finance and the broader business to drive process improvements and cost savings
- Other ad hoc projects as required
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role you will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualified in Finance or Accounting
- Currently pursuing or qualified CPA/CA
- Systems savvy, TechnologyOne ERP experience desirable
- Strong skills and knowledge of Excel
- Current knowledge of accounting standards and relevant tax and statutory requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence
- A detailed orientated and process driven individual who is passionate about developing and embedding best practice
- Sound organisational and time management skills
- A high degree of integrity, honesty, commitment, and responsibility
What's of Offer
- Career Progression and Development Opportunities within National Company
- Excellent Remuneration Package and Company Benefits
- Great Team Culture and Working Environment
- Continually Growing Organisation who are already Highly Successful
- Day off on birthday, professional development incentives, free treatments at clinics
Please submit your CV by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Jack Gullo on in the Manpower Finance & Accounting Brisbane office.
+ 61 7 3407 3150
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856