This highly regarded company specialises in originating and managing proprietary investment opportunities designed to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns by leveraging their team's experience and regional networks across a specific industry sector. They work in close collaboration with their investors to develop tailor made investment strategies and seamlessly execute the investment mandates. They understand the fundamental drivers, market trends, different cultures and practices of the value chain segments and geographies they invest in, making them a formidable force in their chosen market. They are currently seeking to appoint a Senior Financial Accountant in a broad, commercially focused role.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will sit outside of the Corporate Accounting team, embedded in the business. You will work closely with the Finance Business Partner to oversee the day-to-day finance functions across a portfolio of entities and ensure accurate month-end and other management reporting information including is delivered acutely and on time. In addition, you will be responsible for, but not limited to: -
- Assist with financial operations including statutory reporting and regulatory compliance
- Prepare reports including profit & loss, balance sheet, operating results, cashflow including associated analysis with commentary
- Budget preparation and variance analysis
- Maintain the asset register and monitor the financial performance of CAPEX projects
This is a very hands-on position best suited to an aspiring finance leader that knows a role harnessing the foundational elements of their core accounting education and training is important to this as well as future employers. The better you understand the overall workings of a business, and how you and your team fit into the "big picture," the more productive your relationships outside your department will be and this role is vital in that developmental aspect for aspiring Finance Business Partners and Commercial Managers.
Skills & Experience
- CA/CPA qualified
- Experience providing management reports, analysing profitability and progress against budget
- Involvement in the preparation of financial statements
- Track record or the ability to work with Operational Managers to prepare budgets and help them understand the key drivers of their business
What's on offer?
- Spectacular, newly fitted out CBD office
- Generous salary package and employee benefits
- Diverse, varied role
Please submit your CV for this position by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Matthew Taylor or Jack Gullo at the Manpower Brisbane office at or and your inquiry will be answered promptly.
+61 0401 866 585
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856