Our client is a local commercial quarry looking to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor based at the Nambour.
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside a key employer in the region, who supports innovation and entrepreneurship, driven to be Australia's most sustainable region.
In this position, you will be responsible for contributing to continuous improvement the greater Work Health Safety Team. Partnering with business leaders to proactively identify future areas of risk and build strong values of trust, safety and open communication you will support operator, employees and senior site executives maintain quarry Health and Safety management systems.
- You will form part of the Work health & Safety Team and work alongside customer teams to help the council lead contemporary WHS management and ensure the ability to perform it's intended purpose.
- Lead and assisting the development of safety system elements consistent with contemporary WHS and best practice
- Foster a culture of psychological safety, trust, open communication and learning that drives a constructive culture.
- Support the local safety practices of front line teams and participate in safety in design, risk assessment or hazard identification workshops as required
- Assist with the provision of planning and delivery of WHS training across the organisation to ensure compliance with statutory and industry best practice requirements
- Attend safety committee meetings, toolbox talks and other health and safety related meetings as required
We are looking for a motivated self starter, with a background in and passion for WHS. You will have a thorough knowledge of the Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act. be able to demonstrate your ability and experience in delivering WHS projects, leading a large team in a diverse organisation.
You will have strong leadership skills and display the ability to positively lead and empower. Driving high performance whilst developing and coaching team members. You will be play a key role in fostering a workplace culture consistent with the Sunshine councils corporate values.
You must hold a "C" class Driver's license
Diploma in Health & Safety or relevant experience
To be considered for the role apply online by submitting a cover letter and CV in MS Word format. For any enquiries and a confidential discussion, contact Naomi Seo on 0434 247 343.
Health Safety & Environment
+61 434 247 343
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856