Our client is a high quality multi-site educational institution based centrally in Melbourne's inner suburbs, with further regional footprint. It takes great pride in the supportive learning environment that they create - and this incorporates the students health, safety and overall wellbeing.
About the role
The exciting 4 - 6 month contracting opportunity will be based out of Melbourne Inner suburbs with occasional regional travel. This role allows the option of working from home for the right candidate.
As an integral member of the organisation you will report directly into the director of human resources, this role will work very closely with the OHS Manager to review and improve the existing safety management system.
- Working collaboratively with site based teams to improve and maintain a high level of HSE.
- Review of all elements of the existing safety management system.
- Review and classification of all OHS risks.
- An audit of practice versus the safety management system, policies, procedures and controls.
- Review of policies, procedures and controls (including 'unwritten practices') to assess adequacy and / or gaps.
- Identification of actions to improve the College's overall management of OHS.
- Improvements clearly identified and action plans to address developed.
Skills and experience
- A minimum of 5 years working in the OHS coordination / management roles.
- A sound knowledge of the current OH&S legislation, codes of practice and relevant Australian Standards, as well as understanding of industry best practice approaches.
- An extensive breadth of understanding of workplace hazards and the detailed principles of their identification and analysis, along with a detailed understanding of all principles of OHS risk management and their application in a complex diverse setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective OHS management systems.
- Experience conducting OHS audits, inspections and investigations.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of short, medium and long term strategies in the management of OHS.
- Strong computer literacy and a high degree of competency in Microsoft Office products.
- A current Working With Children Check and National Police Certificate are essential requirements of this role.
- Safety qualifications are required for this role
Whats on offer:
- Good hourly rate
- WFH Options (With travel after COVID if required)
- You will be joining this business with a brand new WHS manager
- Make this role your own!
- Very rewarding business - Keeping people safe is a priority!!
If you feel this is you apply online!
Health Safety & Environment
+61 3 7000 1210
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856, State: SA, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHS 288821. For queries relating to 'Labour Hire Licences' ONLY please contact: 'firstname.lastname@example.org' (do not apply to the advert using this email).