Senior Project Manager - EL1
A large Federal Government agency requires an experienced Senior Project Manager to join the Digital Strategy Division on a contractual basis for 10 months with the option to extend.
As a senior project manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Leading the planning and implementation of one or more policy lead projects
- Work with project delivery teams and assurance groups to create a detailed project plans to track progress
- Drive progress on deliverables
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for seamless execution of projects
- Align to the organisation's service delivery processes, working in both waterfall and agile methodologies with focus on efficient delivery.
- Monitor resource availability and allocation
- Support project delivery teams by co-ordinating meetings, agendas and secretariat
- Manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Manage the identification of risks and issues and develop appropriate mitigation strategies and actions
- Support the team to ensure projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
As the successful incumbent you will possess:
- Co-ordinating diverse stakeholders across the Agency, within agreed timelines and given the varying expectations, viewpoints, interests and sensitivity of projects
- Ability to navigate and manage complex project needs and timelines
- Balancing competing demands to ensure project objectives are achieved to the required standards and within budget
- Co-ordinating teams where team members are not dedicated resources or may have dual reporting lines and therefore have competing priorities.
Project management experience is essential for this role and any additional experience in the health sector or working in government will be highly regarded as well as any experience delivering strategy and policy led projects.
This is an outstanding opportunity to add value to digital strategy division for the duration of this 10 Month Contract. You will be rewarded with a competitive hourly rate with the possibility of further extensions.
If you are interested in this role, please send me a copy of your updated resume and covering letter. e-mail: