Manufacturing and Production
We are urgently hiring for linen assistants for our government client. In this position the successful applicant will be rotated through a variety of areas and teams within the organisation. They will contribute to the production process by sorting, washing, feeding, ironing, folding and packing linen to ensure customer orders are ready to be delivered on time.
* Ensure all finished product adheres to relevant quality standards which assists in maintaining customer satisfaction.
* Work safely and in accordance with processes and procedures.
* Be able to stand for long periods of time and undertake some physical work including lifting, carrying and transporting soiled and clean linen over the course of the day.
* Identify and report hazards and incidents immediately to the relevant Supervisor or Leading Hand.
* Work with clean and soiled linen.
* Work with a range of industrial machines like washing machines, ironers and folders.
* Fill out daily production data sheets and other production information where required.
* Participate in customer stocktakes
* Internally and externally promote high quality, responsive customer service principles, practices and attributes.
* Contribute to the improvement of the laundry production process through the sharing of ideas.
* Be a positive influence on the team to maintain and assist in the improvement of workplace culture and employee satisfaction.
* Work overtime and or weekends where required.
* Answering the telephone in a respectful and courteous manner.
* Rotate throughout the plant where required.
To be successful with your application:
1. Experience working in the laundry or similar industry is desirable but not compulsory
2. Demonstrated commitment to working in a team environment with a strong focus on the customer.
3. Ability to safely and efficiently operate industrial equipment or machines.
4. An understanding of and commitment to the principles of workplace diversity, participative work practices and respect equity and diversity.
1. Be available to work weekends and public holidays.
2. Be available to work Monday to Saturday with a start time of 7:00am or 11:00am - shifts are seven and a half hours.
Interested in this job please call Anu Ananth on 6200 3399 or click the apply now button and upload your resume with current references