This government agency requires a Business Analyst (Analytics) to join the Research and Insights team on an initial 3-month contract with the option to extend to January 2021.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic and operational advice regarding transformational program/project direction for business analysis activities, including requirements elicitation, business process modelling, data infrastructure modelling, and use case development.
- Gathering requirements and designing infrastructure to meet the requirements from various agency divisions on an integrated platform.
- Analysing and documenting 'As-Is' and 'To-Be' business process models for cloud infrastructure (e.g. Microsoft Data Lake, Active Directory) using industry standard methodology.
- Assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of existing business operations and workflows to develop improved structures, processes and systems.
- Designing, developing and implementing adequate data security measures in accordance with risk assessments and business requirements.
- Building compelling, interactive and actionable reporting on top of structured data models that helps in deriving meaningful business insights from medium, complex datasets.
- Leading the development of business and software requirements and specifications, ensuring traceability of requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Conducting/facilitating workshops and risk assessment sessions with relevant stakeholders during the design and implementation phase of cloud-based analytics infrastructure.
- Defining processes for deploying and integrating new capabilities into the business in a way that is sensitive to, and fully compatible with, business operations, including coordination of relationships with and between stakeholders.
- Assisting with the planning and co-ordination of ICT integration testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and providing support to business stakeholders to achieve successful UAT outcomes.
- Developing handover documentation and ongoing support models, including user training.
- Assisting in designing data mart and report structures based on user requirements.
- Assisting in the preparation of data migration to newly commissioned cloud-based analytics infrastructure.
- Supporting the full infrastructure deployment lifecycle from requirements analysis through to design & development, and release and support/maintenance phases.
- Initiating, influencing and maintaining relationships with and between internal and external stakeholders.
As the successful applicant you will possess the following skills:
- Demonstrated experience (at least 5 years) in collaborating with business stakeholders to understand their business/process goals and objectives, and fully clarify their needs, ideally within the public sector.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing business analysis activities on large scale, complex business change programs/projects, including requirements elicitation, business process modelling, data modelling and use case development.
- Extensive experience in providing sound advice and recommendations on the application of business analysis techniques, methodologies and tools in a cloud-based infrastructure environment.
- Extensive experience in applying waterfall and agile project methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2 Agile).
- Required technical skills:
- Demonstrated Microsoft Azure experience covering a broad range of Azure data management tools.
- Cloud Infrastructure setup and migration.
- Desirable technical skills:
- Microsoft SQL and Python scripting.
- Power BI report creation and secure sharing.
- Data mart setup based on use cases.
To be considered, simply click Apply and upload your up-to-date resume.
+ 61 7 3632 3001
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856, State: SA, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHS 288821. For queries relating to 'Labour Hire Licences' ONLY please contact: 'email@example.com' (do not apply to the advert using this email).