This national organisation are well established and highly regarded, specialising in the delivery and fitting of high quality housing and construction fixtures across Australia. They operate nationally with a strong footprint across Australia, with offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, and Perth. With exceptional growth year on year, this is the perfect time to join such a reputable organisation as they continue their rapid expansion and growth into new markets.
They are currently seeking to appoint a Management Accountant on a permanent basis, to join their high performing team in their Brisbane Head Office.
The Management Accountant will be reporting to the Group Chief Financial Officer and Group Finance Manager, you will assist in taking the company's financial operations and functions to the next level. You will be responsible for influencing business decisions, management reporting, budgeting, cash flow forecasting, improvements to business systems and processes, and general day-to-day accounting functions.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to:-
- Assist the Group Finance Manager with month end related journals
- Reconcile key month end general ledger accounts
- Ensuring inventory costing is accurate in line with accounting standards
- Ensuring correct cost channelling in line with cost channelling guidelines
- Supporting the Group Finance Manager during the statutory audit process
- Preparation of monthly profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- Calculating specific banking covenants linked to financial arrangements
- Actual verse budget analysis and commentary
- Financial analysis of product sales and margins
- Financial analysis of business operational costs
- Financial analysis of inventory identifying slow moving and obsolete inventory
- Supporting the Group CFO during the annual budget and quarterly forecast process
- Supporting the development and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures
- Keeping up to date with latest taxation laws, statutory and accounting standards as well as corporations act laws and regulations
- Given the resources available within the finance team assist and support with ad hoc requests as required
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives across the company
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualified in Finance or Accounting
- Qualified CPA/CA
- Big 4 or chartered accounting background
- Current knowledge of accounting standards and relevant tax and statutory requirement
- Highly collaborative, comfortable creating clarity from complexity
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including superb written and oral communication
- An innovative problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple competing priorities in a fast paced, fluid and often ambiguous environment
- Independent, self-motivated, entrepreneurial attitude showing the ability to proactively work with minimal direction, making the right judgment calls on approach, prioritization, and solutions.
What's on offer?
- Highly reputable and national leading organisation
- Attractive remuneration package and career progression opportunities
- Fantastic team culture and working environment
Please submit your CV by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Jack Gullo on in the Manpower Finance & Accounting Brisbane office.
+ 61 7 3407 3150
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856