- AO6 level
- ASAP start
ManpowerGroup is actively engaged with a State Government department that is now looking for an expert Senior Financial Accountant to assist with preparation of the Annual Financial Statements and supporting working papers within the department.
What to expect:
- Interpret and review statutory financial requirements and newly issued accounting guidance to provide technical accounting advice to senior management to ensure accounting compliance across the department. This includes seeking feedback from relevant stakeholders in order to prepare a formal response on behalf of the Department.
- Prepare key month end journals and reconciliations in timely and accurate manner. Present reports and information that is clear and concise based on sound interpretation with comprehensive arguments that identify all relevant issues in order to influence required compliance both verbally and in the written form.
- Assist in preparation of responses to urgent requests for financial information within short time frames (e.g., questions on notice, Ministerial and management briefings, audit requests and position papers). This requires working with finance staff within the Department to resolve any issues and maintain strong, functional working relationships.
- Support the Manager, Financial Accounting and Policy in the management of the day-to-day tasks of the Financial Accounting and Policy team, including assisting in resolution of any financial accounting issues, via provision of comprehensive advice and solutions to be implemented.
- You are highly experienced in financial accounting with a proven track record in the preparation of Annual Statutory Financial Statements
- CA/CPA qualified
- Results and action driven
- Available to start immediately
+ 61 2 9263 8648
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856