This highly regarded company specialises in originating and managing proprietary investment opportunities designed to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns by leveraging their team's experience and regional networks across a specific industry sector. They work in close collaboration with their investors to develop tailor made investment strategies and seamlessly execute the investment mandates. They understand the fundamental drivers, market trends, different cultures and practices of the value chain segments and geographies they invest in, making them a formidable force in their chosen market.
They are currently seeking to appoint a Senior Financial/Fund Accountant in a broad, commercially focused role.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and working with the finance team, you will be responsible for the management and financial reporting of the managed investments which are promoted and operated by the organisation. Initially, this will be with one fund, however, the number of managed investments in the portfolio is anticipated to grow steadily. A key responsibility of the role is to ensure all financial transactions meet the requirements of the constitutions, relevant management agreements and custodian requirements, paying particular heed to the obligations of the organisation under its Australian Financial Services Licence obligations.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to:-
- Ensuring the business meets its statutory obligations with regards to ASIC reporting, company secretarial practice and relevant tax obligations
- Partner with business managers to drive business insight and strengthen the financial function of the company and business units
- Oversee all cash and securities related transaction processing including settlement of trades and investment of cash balances
- Undertake general fund accounting activities including preparation, review, and lodgement of BAS returns
- Coordinate the preparation of audit schedules, tax returns, financial statements, APRA returns or other reports
- Conduct the reconciliation of portfolio records to custodian records
- Evaluate financial risk for major projects undertaken by the business and monitor their financial activity
- Provide financial modelling, financial analysis and valuation support for new and existing service areas, long term contracts, and other ad-hoc projects
- Manage preparation of finance reports (working closely with the business managers and other finance staff)
- Drive processes for long term strategic plans, annual budgets, forecasts, month end close, budget to actual reporting, and analysis and quarterly and monthly busines reviews
This is a very hands-on position best suited to an aspiring finance leader that knows a role harnessing the foundational elements of their core accounting education and training is important to this as well as future employers. The better you understand the overall workings of a business, and how you and your team fit into the "big picture," the more productive your relationships outside your department will be and this role is vital in that developmental aspect for aspiring Finance Business Partners and Commercial Managers.
Skills & Experience
- CA/CPA qualified
- Experience providing management reports, analysing profitability and progress against budget
- Involvement in the preparation of financial statements
- Track record or the ability to work with Operational Managers to prepare budgets and help them understand the key drivers of their business
- Experience with Investment Funds and Managed Assets
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and manage custodial relationships
- Eye for detail and enjoyment of complex work
What's on offer?
- Spectacular, newly fitted out CBD office
- Generous salary package and employee benefits
- Diverse, varied role, in a great working environment and team culture
Please submit your CV by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Jack Gullo on in the Manpower Finance & Accounting Brisbane office.
+ 61 7 3407 3150
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856