Senior Health, Safety & Wellbeing Advisor
- Attractive Employee Benefits
- Great career step
- Permanent Contract
About the role:
Safesearch are working exclusively with one of Australia's leading Universities to find their next Senior HSW Consultant. Our client boasts a fantastic team culture, great employee benefits and opportunities for career progression.
As a member of the Health Safety & Wellbeing team, the position will provide timely delivery and specialist advice and support to managers and staff within the University across a broad range of HSW issues. The Senior HSW Advisor will work closely with the Manager, HSW and partner with varied internal and external stakeholders to identify, develop, implement and/or improve Health, Safety & Wellbeing policies, systems and programs to meet strategic risk management objectives.
Other key aspects of this role will see you:
- Provide advice and assistance to line managers and staff across a broad range of HSW issues
- Build and maintain positive on-going relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with all areas of the University to locate hazards, assess risks and provide solutions to ensure the reduction of risks to staff and students
- Assist Managers with risk management investigations and audits as required
- Conduct workstation ergonomic assessments for staff and provide recommendations
- Manage HSW legislation compliance
To be successful in this role you will have ideally have:
- 3-5 years' experience in a Health, Safety and Wellbeing role
- A degree or similar qualification in Occupational Health & Safety
- Proven ability to provide concise and practical advice to line managers on HSW issues
- Proven capacity to consult effectively on workplace risk assessments and development of practical resolution strategies
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to balance competing demands, prioritise effectively and work to deadlines
Key Selection Criteria:
Essential criteria & attributes include:
- A degree in occupational health and safety or related discipline along with subsequent relevant experience
- A valid working with children's check card (or ability to obtain prior to or upon commencement)
- An in-depth knowledge and practical understanding of HSW legislation, compliance codes and strategies for their successful deployment across the University
How to apply:
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With a culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join. To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below with your resume in MS Word format.
For a confidential discussion please contact Leighton Cantrill on 0439 516 164 or Brittany Nikolich 03 7000 1213 from Safesearch. To apply please click the appropriate link and supply your CV in MS Word format.