This well-known company has been an established leader in their field for the past 36 years with a premium brand for construction solutions. They are a commercial construction company operating across Australia and New Zealand. Their collaborative approach has built many successful partnerships, with project delivery throughout Australia and New Zealand in a range of sectors utilising Design & Construct, Construction Management, and Early Contractor Involvement.
They are looking for a driven Company Accountant to join their team on an initial 8-month Fixed-Term Contract, with the view to go permanent thereafter, and with a career progression plan to be groomed into a Financial Controller in the long-term.
As Company Accountant you will be responsible for month-end reporting, reconciliations, profit & loss, general ledger and tax compliance. In addition, you'll get involved in Accounts Receivable, Payroll, as well being directly involved in budgeting, forecasting and ad hoc analysis. Duties will include, but not be limited to:-
- Monthly BAS and GST preparation and submission
- Monthly payroll tax submission and yearly reconciliation
- Managing accounts payables (including processing of payments) and accounts receivable
- Processing payroll journals and managing ad-hoc employee expense reimbursements
- Bank and corporate credit card reconciliations and cost tracking
- Balance sheet reconciliation and posting journals
- Assist with preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assist with quarterly bank compliance reporting and the half and financial year end audit process
- Assist with periodic projects
- Ad hoc reporting as required
You will be a fully qualified accountant with a Big 4 background (or reputable mid-tier) in audit looking to make your first move into the commercial sector. Alternatively, you may have embarked on a commercial route out of university and through your pursuit of membership to a professional accounting body.
You will be a strong communicator, adaptable and flexible and always willing to help out. You will be someone who is proactive, understands change, and drives change.
Those commercially experienced with a blend of financial, management accounting and hands on transactional accounting are also encouraged to apply.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or related discipline
- Strong Financial Accounting and Tax & Compliance background
- Strong Implementation, Team Work, Relationship Building, Mental Stamina, and Communication Skills
- Strong Systems and Excel skills
- Hands on propensity and a can-do attitude when it comes to detail oriented work
What's on offer?
- Fantastic Career Progression Plan (Long-Term Plan to Groom into Financial Controller)
- Excellent Company Benefits
- Great Team Culture and Working Environment
Please submit your CV by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Jack Gullo on in the Manpower Finance & Accounting Brisbane office.
+ 61 7 3407 3150
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856