This well known company is ASX listed and offers integrated Transport, Logistics & Rural Supply services. With more than 50 years experience, they proudly operate an extensive national logistics network across various locations covering regional communities.
Today they employ over 1000 exceptional individuals, with roughly 35% based in Regional Australia, and together they service more than 1 million tonnes of freight every year across the country. As such they are seeking a Credit Officer to commence with them as soon as possible.
As the Credit Officer you will monitor and control payments made by customers to credit terms. We are looking for an experienced and multi-talented Credit Officer with excellent organisational skills and a flair for finance. You will make a valuable contribution to the smooth running of the team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and control payments made by customers past the due date.
- Negotiate with customers who are outside of agreed credit facility terms for the purposes of releasing an order for supply of goods, in line with the Australian credit policy guidelines, including negotiating repayment plans.
- Coordinate supply offers/orders with Accounts Receivable Supervisors where supply will be disrupted by a breech to the credit terms, in line with the Australian credit policy guidelines.
- Provide feedback to the Accounts Receivable Supervisors in relation to potential risks identified through the collections process.
- Adhere to collections process guidelines and timetables.
- Drive continuous improvement culture to ensure the most up-to-date best practice is being employed in the collections process, in line with the Australian credit policy guidelines
- Negotiate repayment plans for customers unable to remove the barriers to supply through reducing credit terms breeches.
- Take credit card payments over the phone.
- Actively present and endorse Credit team culture, actively driving positive team interactions and service levels.
You will be achievement-focused and thrive in an environment where beating challenging goals and solving problems effectively is required. You will build on the collaborative culture in the team and be a natural leader.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, the ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following attributes
- High level of experience collecting out of terms debt in a corporate credit environment
- High level of experience in negotiation and resolution of customer issues and/or complaints at an advanced level
- Worked a high volume/live set of customer accounts
- Understanding of Australian insurance regulations
- Understanding of credit contracts and other debt related laws and regulations Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work to deadlines and have a high level of compliance to laws, regulations and internal policy
- High level of people skills
- Ability to negotiate to a win-win outcome
- Ability to understand basic accounting concepts
- High level of written and oral communication
- Ability to actively drive/endorse a culture of team unity and high performance
What's on Offer
- Great culture stemming from the roots of a family operated business
- Large organisation that is on a continual growth trajectory
- Opportunity for success to be recognised and long-term career progression and growth opportunities
Please submit your CV by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Lisa Evans on 3407 3107.
+61 7 3407 3107
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856