This large Federal Government agency requires and experienced Developer to join the Terminology and Tooling team on a 12-month contract with the potential to extend. The team's vision is to improve the delivery of healthcare through the realisation of the benefits of clinical terminology by simplifying its adoption and increasing its meaningful use.
Reporting to the Director Terminology and Tooling, you will take responsibility for providing the Agency with experienced software development and infrastructure capabilities, combined with terminology technology expertise. Your key focus is to develop, maintain and operate tooling and technical services required to develop terminologies, assist others to develop and customise terminologies, and use and implement terminologies in line with Agency objectives.
You will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Work in a small, specialised team; demonstrate a willingness to contribute to and learn from the collective skillsets of other developers and team members.
- Provide sound technical advice pertaining to software development and clinical terminology related tooling.
- Participate in project work according to SCRUM and Prince2 (where required) methodologies.
- Ensure technical integrity of monthly terminology releases.
- Provide support to the Clinical Terminology team by identifying solutions to evolving requirements and as needed technical assistance for release processes.
- Develop quality software including the in-house Lingo, Serge and NCTS software products, to enable terminology authoring capability.
- Ensure the stability and quality of the production authoring and distribution systems.
- Participate in the testing of software; ensuring completed work correctly meets requirements and is in accordance with agreed designs.
- Effective management of development activities.
- Scope and identify functional areas of upcoming work/projects.
- Provide technical expertise to applications staff in the configuration, testing and implementation of new/enhanced software systems and other related advice, technical directions, and consultancy.
- Work with Product Support team to develop and deliver technical and implementation resources and support for vendors, health jurisdictions and other customers.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ad hoc development support to other developer teams within the branch (where skills appropriate).
- Follow all Agency policies, procedures and instructions and take reasonable care for your own health, safety, and wellbeing in the workplace.
To be successful you will possess the following:
- Bachelor Degree or Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- SCRUM certification (desirable)
- Production Java Enterprise (J2EE) systems development
- Software configuration management systems
- Developing Web applications
- Using Linux, virtualised environments and source control (primarily Git)
- Establishing and working within quality software development processes
- Agile development methodologies
- Using Amazon Web Services and cloud infrastructure
- Using Maven, continuous integration environments and unit testing
- Atlassian development tool suite
- JBoss/Wildfly application server
- Developing RESTful web services
- Designing within and implementing n-tier, service orientated architectures
- Knowledge and understanding of the healthcare IT domain, particularly in systems interoperability.
- FHIR, particularly the FHIR Terminology Service
- Schema validation, XML and JSON creation/manipulation (optional)
- X509 Certificate public/private key Encryption (optional)
- SOAP interfaces (optional)
This excellent opportunity to join an organisation changing the future of healthcare delivery. You will be rewarded a competitive hourly rate and a 12-month contract with the option to extend. Only Australian Citizens will be eligible for is position.
+ 61 7 3632 3001
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856