This large, well known business is a well known player in the Oil & Gas sector. Having recently been bought by one of the largest companies in the field, they are going through a major transformation and have multiple new opportunities that have been unable to go fulfilled internally. As such they are seeking a talented Fixed Asset Accountant to join the business as soon as possible.
As the Fixed Asset Accountant, you will play a key role as a subject matter expert within their Asset Accounting Team, and will analyse and improve their complex asset register and associated processes. You will join the supportive and empowered Financial Services team, responsible for providing financial accounting, planning and analytical support to business units and Group functions. The core purpose of this position is to support various departments across the Group with their Asset and Capital Assets Under Construction requirements, whilst also assisting with the planning, implementation, and success of initiatives/projects. Duties will include but not be limited to:-
- Manage and control the asset registers across the group
- Track the compilation of project costs into asset accounts
- Support the month end reporting process for various divisions, corporate cost centres and related parties
- Supporting the Financial Services Team with various continuous improvement initiatives/projects
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of assets
- Support quarterly forecast & annual operating plans/budget process (P&L, Balance Sheet & Capex)
As the successful Fixed Asset Accountant, you will have proven experience in Fixed Asset Management within Oil & Gas, Resources, or Infrastructure. In addition, you'll be a member to a professional accounting body which is complimented by your strong Excel capability and ideally a large ERP (SAP would be desirable). This is a crucial position and one where you will interact with every level of this complex business so your ability to develop relationships, build rapport and create meaningful relationships will be a major key to your future success.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (or similar discipline)
- CPA or CA certified
- Previous experience with fixed assets is essential.
- Previous experience with SAP is strongly desired but any large ERP will suffice.
- Strong planning and time management skills, with the ability to self-prioritise to manage multiple tasks at once.
- A passion for building relationships, with strong communication skills to create respectful connections with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrates learning agility whilst driving a continuous culture of improvement.
Whats on Offer
- Permanent role in large, international US listed business
- Career growth opportunity
- Excellent culture - 9 day fortnight, flexibility, remote working
Please submit your CV by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Matthew Taylor in the ManpowerGroup Finance & Accounting Brisbane office.
+61 0401 866 585
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856