12 months contract
A multifaceted global organisation operating globally and leads the way with its business concepts, product quality, innovation, and technology. They are focused on high performance and have a genuine commitment to Safety. We're searching for a HSE Adviser reporting directly to the site manager.
About the role:
Working autonomously, your key objective will be to partner effectively with various stakeholders and site project management teams to deliver the full range of Safety, Environment, and Injury Management services across the entire project from assembly through to commission and operation. A hands-on role, responsibilities are broad and will vary from providing advice and coordination, developing, and implementing safety and injury management processes and systems, delivering inductions, conducting risk assessments and inspections, leading internal and external audit response, hazard identification and control, and subcontractor safety management.
- Provide advice and guidance to Managers, Supervisors, Employees and Contractors on their responsibilities and actions required to maintain a safe work environment.
- Assist in driving the safety culture to ensure safe working practices are integrated across the site
- Ensure appropriate level of induction and training is provided to the site staff on all aspects of the HSE program and legal or other requirements
- Support, mentor and coach applicable stakeholders and provide education on HSE legislation, policies and procedures.
- Communicate Safety & Environmental matters to management and employees as appropriate
- Liaise with government bodies and professional organisations on Safety & Environmental NSW and the Environmental Protection Authority
- Provide advice and assistance to Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and Employees in conducting risk assessments, identifying preventative and corrective actions and their follow up
- Tertiary qualifications in Work Health & Safety at Diploma level, ICAM investigation training and experience
- ability to communicate and influence in a persuasive manner with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience in leading and participating in incident investigations, inspections and audits and assisting in the development of effective corrective actions
- Experience in developing and implementing WHS systems
- Strong computer literacy skills - Google Sheets, Drive
For a confidential discussion please contact Alice Nash from Safesearch on +61 02 9249 8051. To apply please click the appropriate link and supply your CV in Word format.
Health Safety & Environment
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856