About Our Client
Our client is a global FMCG business based in North Sydney. As a result of their significant growth and expansion they are currently recruiting a Logistics manager to join their expanding business.
About the Role
Reporting to the Operations Director your responsibilities include
- Ensure vendors have contracts that contain expectations, service levels and rate cards
- Ensure performance management of Freight Forwarders, Warehousing and Transport providers
- Implement budgets and ensure monthly tracking and variances working closely with finance manager
- Analyse weekly/ monthly reporting and implement improvement where necessary
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities across supply chain operations.
- Daily liaison with freight forwarders, manufacturers, warehouse and transport vendors
- Work closely with freight forwarders to ensure transit times and ETA's are updated
- Provide reporting and action plans to stakeholders on performance and cost
- Involvement of ERP scoping, build and implementation to ensure requirement are including with interactions with other systems
- Implement visibility systems across Freight Forwarding, Cartage, Warehousing and storage
- Assist landed cost per item to ensure profit margins are known
- Manage Cost controls including reduction of air freight, utilising sea freight where possible.
- Identification and execution of Continuous Improvement opportunities
- Approve commodity purchase orders placed with suppliers within the authorised dollar value the
- Strong logistics background with 5+ years' experience in a similar role
- Relevant degree qualified
- FMCG/health-care industry experience preferred
- Significant experience working with international freight forwarders, 3PL and in-house warehousing, manufacturing and domestic transport
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office software, specifically PowerPoint and Excel, pivot tables and data manipulation
- Experience with ERP or procurement/supply chain management software.
- Understanding of shipping and Incoterms
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to work for a multinational business where individuals can achieve their goals, both professionally and personally. Alongside attractive remuneration, there are excellent benefits and a supportive team.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856, State: SA, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHS 288821. For queries relating to 'Labour Hire Licences' ONLY please contact: 'email@example.com' (do not apply to the advert using this email).