Our client began as small retail operation and approximately 50 employees and has grown to become one of the leading fuel importers and wholesalers in Australia. Now with a growing branded retail network as well as a 24-hour diesel-stop operation and a fuel card program, they manage and operate several depots and multiple seaboard import terminals up and down the east coast of Australia. They are currently seeking to appoint a talented Financial Analyst to join the team on two-month contract. This is a large organisation with lots of moving pieces and there's definitely the possibility of ongoing work for the right candidate.
As the Financial Analyst you will Partner with Retail Operations to drive improvement within their retail network through actionable reporting & insights. Your duties will include but not be limited to:-
- Assisting in the development/refinement of Management Reports - specifically Shop Cost/Margin, Waste, Stock Optimisation & Promotional Program Reporting
- Reviewing of Monthly Profit and Loss Statements
- Reviewing/Analysing current businesses processes with a view to simplification/efficiency to deliver increased profitability; includes development & delivery of enhanced procedures
- Assisting in the negotiation of supply agreements as required
- Supporting the preparation of the Annual budget & periodical forecasts
- Supporting the Retail Performance Manager to establish & maintain a high-performance culture which encourages continuous improvement through identifying opportunities & solutions to improve service delivery to relevant stakeholders
As Financial Analyst you will possess excellent verbal, written & interpersonal skills. You will be able to connect with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation. Working in a team environment and utilising your critical thinking and analysis skills, you enjoy contributing to the overall team culture and performance. Your ability to influence and obtain engagement will allow the organisation to develop plans and strategies for future growth. Strong attention to detail will help you to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant bachelor's degree
- CPA/CA Qualification (or studying towards)
- Strong knowledge of Power BI; specifically experience building models is highly desirable
- Retail/FMCG Experience preferred but not essential
- Strong financial/commercial & analytical skills
What's on offer
- Potential for long term in large company
- Fast paced varied role
- Opportunity for a contractor to join a reputable organisation and add value
Please submit your CV by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Lisa Evans on in the ManpowerGroup Brisbane Office on (07) 3407 3107.
+61 7 3407 3107
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856