Our client is one of fastest growing cloud-based software company and has proudly won the 'Best Places to Work' award multiple times in a row. They help businesses deliver exceptional customer experiences through their integrated customer relationship management platform.
This is a 6-month contract role.
In this role you will support the Professional Services business across APAC and Japan and will be responsible for staffing and resource management, utilisation and capacity planning, skills assessment tracking, backlog management and sub-contractor on-boarding/off-boarding.
- Partner with Regional VPs, Practice Leads, and, Delivery Managers to staff Services projects
- Liaise with Delivery Partner vendors to build and maintain a solid Sub-Contractor resource pool
- Partner with Practice Leaders on shadowing and enablement opportunities for both internal and partner resources
- Proactively escalate internal operational issues and Professional Services team issues with the Operations Director
- Support Regional Leads in minimizing resource bench
- Understand the delivery of performance statistics for the health of the business
- Understand the best practice tools to manage and report on the business
- Help ensure all resources are reporting their utilization levels in a timely manner
- Provide monthly backlog analysis to Operations Director and close out projects that are either complete or no longer have budget
- Understand the Forecasting process
APAC and Japan operational support:
- Training and supporting other departments on Professional Services processes and responding to requests as needed.
- Maintain clear and regular communication with high level executives
- Provide leadership in analysing, documenting and improving Professional Services Operations processes and work to standardise processes globally
- Proven experience in a similar Resource Management / Workforce Planning role with a knowledge of and exposure to operational Business Processes
- Knowledge of Services/Professional Services/Consulting operations (preferred)
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
- Ability to analyse and solve problems, perform complex tasks, prioritise multiple responsibilities, and follow through independently
- Ability to make sound decisions and judgements in time sensitive and high-pressure situations
- Ability to work independently and multi-task, in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Can work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office, CRM and PSA tools
To submit your application, please select Apply Now and submit your CV in MS Word format or reach out to me directly for a confidential discussion.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856