Position: SAFETY ADVISOR
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
- High Tempo Distribution Centre
- Excellent Career Development Opportunities
- Initial 10 month Fixed Term Contract with the possibility to extend
Our client is a household name, and a well-known supply chain and logistics company. They play an important role in creating jobs, supporting various suppliers and making a positive difference in local Australian communities. The organisation is looking for an experienced Safety Advisor to join their large team, based in Laverton.
This Fixed Term role is an opportunity to jump in the deep end and partner with a high tempo business. Giving you an excellent opportunity to hone your skills in stakeholder management, prioritisation and decision making. It is an exciting step into a high profile and complex organisation with superior career opportunities beyond this initial period.
- Provide risk assessments with clear guidance on practical risk reduction and evaluate business risk reduction plans to ensure effectiveness.
- General Health and Safety advice and partnership, including hazard identification, incident response and investigation, and risk mitigation.
- Develop and implement training such as toolbox talks as required to support the implementation of processes and procedures.
- Regular audits and inspections to meet ongoing compliance requirements.
- Provide support, leadership, coaching and advice to build leadership capability.
- Health and Safety experience in an environment with a medium to high physical risk profile (e.g., Manufacturing, Logistics, Supply Chain).
- Understand the potential risk exposure and their role in managing the risk.
- Experience working with safety management systems.
- Occupational, Health and Safety Certificate IV or Diploma, or other relevant qualifications in allied health, risk, and safety disciplines.
For a confidential discussion please contact Leighton Cantrill or Brittany Nikolich from Safesearch on +61 3 9663 5513. To apply please click the appropriate link and supply your CV in Word format.
Health Safety & Environment
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856