About the Client
One of Safesearch's great clients has been exclusively engaged us to construct a new logistics, warehousing and transport hub in Melbourne's western suburbs.
It is an exciting step forward, utilising really interesting technology - a greenfield site from the ground up. It is a partnership that will deliver a high quality site of scale for a well known Australian company.
About the Role
Located on site in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne, this project will be commence in August. As the Site Safety Manager, representing the client, you will be working with multiple stakeholders and contractors to deliver a safe project. This will utilise both your understanding of the key risks that will be onsite at the various stages, and your ability to plan accordingly.
As a standalone Health and Safety resource working for the client, the key success of this role will be executed through the partnerships and relationships that you build within the business and contractors - ensuring your influence can be successfully leveraged. This will help you attain excellent Health and Safety culture and outcomes.
As with many similar projects - this project will present some fantastic challenges, both technically and operationally that are unique to this kind of warehouse/construction works. You will be surrounded by seasoned professionals - but will be delivering new technology that will become the norm in Australia in years to come. A brilliant thing to have on your resume.
About the person
To be successful in this role, this person will be a seasoned Health and Safety professional that has worked in a variety of settings. While you are technically proficient, your main (and best) skillset, is your ability to build the type of relationships that allow you to get things done.
- Experience in Health and Safety leadership high-risk work environments, particularly in Warehouse and Logistics (particularly in Greenfield/brownfield/construction sites)
- A demonstrated understanding of the Australian regulatory and industrial environment
- Must bring strong leadership experience, and be comfortable working independently
- Demonstrable excellent stakeholder management - internal, contractors etc
- The ability to contribute towards strategy and execution, and work through others for the execution of program
- Support delivery team and ensure compliance to the project construction documentation processes;
- Participate in and provide guidance to contractors and stakeholders during onsite safety engagements, inspections, audits and the like
- Lead or oversee incident investigations to determine causes and mitigating and preventative measures
- Relevant WHS/Safety qualification
- Not afraid to get quite hands on, and having a good sense of humour wouldn't hurt either
This role also offers a very competitive package and other great benefits for the right individual.
This is a residential role open to Australian permanent residents or citizens only.
For a confidential discussion please contact Leighton Cantrill from Safesearch on 0439 516 164. To apply please click the appropriate link and supply your CV in Word format.
Health Safety & Environment
+61 3 7000 1212
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856