This highly regarded national organisation are state of the art, industry-owned, and privately funded. They specialise in the exporting and resources sector, wherein they export resources in a safe and sustainable manner. Their mission is to safely handle everything they do with pride and cost focus in order to support and enhance the success of their customers. They want to derive solutions that power society in a progressive, responsible, and sustainable manner, as sustainability is at the core of what they do. Hugely successful and continually growing, they have a truly excellent career opportunity available.
They are currently seeking to appoint a Senior Financial Accountant on a permanent basis, to join their high performing team in Brisbane.
The Senior Financial Accountant will be reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and will assist in taking the company's financial operations and functions to the next level. You will be responsible for providing effective finance, tax and accounting support to the business operations; assisting with the preparation of statutory reporting; ensuring compliance with applicable tax legislation as it applies to company financial functions, and being involved with general accounting and day-to-day tasks.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to:-
- Provide effective finance, tax and accounting support to the business operations;
- Preparation of General Purpose Financial Reporting
- Ensure compliance with applicable tax legislation as it applies to company financial functions;
- Preparation of monthly journals and reconciliations for consolidation for the monthly financial reports;
- Statutory audits and liaising with internal and external auditors
- Preparation and presentation of board papers for the delegation of authority
- Management of the Financial Controls Framework testing and reporting program
- Reporting for external statutory stakeholders (ASIC, ABS etc)
- Identify and implement improvements to businesses processes, ensuring manual processes are reduced, system and process efficiencies are improved, and costs are reduced
- Drive system and process improvements to enable early visibility of accurate information
- Support the timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial reports (income statements, balance sheet and cash flow) and CFO report
- Support the accurate and timely preparation of statutory financial statements and year end external audit preparations
- Support the finance manager with ad hoc tasks as required
- Tax forecasting
- Cashflow management
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualified in Finance or Accounting
- Qualified CPA/CA
- Big 4 or chartered accounting background
- Current knowledge of accounting standards and relevant tax and statutory requirement
- Experience with systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and manage custodial relationships
- Eye for detail and enjoyment of complex work
What's on offer?
- Highly reputable and rapidly growing national leading organisation
- Generous and attractive remuneration package and progression opportunities
- Diverse, varied role, in a great working environment and team culture
Please submit your CV by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Jack Gullo on in the Manpower Finance & Accounting Brisbane office.
+ 61 7 3407 3150
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856