This State Government Agency is growing their Platform Engineering team to support critical applications in production, including applications powering the State's public health response to the COVID-19 pandemic. After recently completing a migration to Kubernetes, GitHub and Buildkite, the Platform Engineering team is now focusing on improving our continuous delivery capability, embedding a culture of DevSevOps and investing in tooling and practices to help other Engineering squads achieve their objectives.
What a Platform Engineer does:
- Sitting within the Platform Engineering team and reporting to the Manager - Platform Engineering, you will work across all of the organisation's digital platforms and technical areas in a fast-paced, customer obsessed, technology focused environment.
- You'll contribute to the establishment and continual improvement of the various Engineering Squad's infrastructure-as-code practices, leveraging tooling including AWS CDK and Terraform.
- You'll work with squads to help them implement, enhance and maintain their CI/CD pipelines.
- You'll support, maintain and improve the shared Kubernetes platform.
- You'll support a new cutting-edge production platform to meet SLAs and SLOs
- You will be part of a team responsible for the administration of various systems, including operating system and database patching, certificate updates, backups, and general lifecycle management of system components.
- You'll contribute to the organisation's transition to DevSecOps and SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) proposing and implementing changes required to the organisation's platforms to support this transition.
- You'll work on improving deployment processes, reducing platform downtime and have a focus on cost optimisation.
- You'll promote best practices across the Engineering squads.
- Participates in a 24/7 on-call roster for responding to incidents out of hours (our teams own the software the build and are responsible for supporting its operability)
On your first day you'll have:
- Extensive experience in the AWS eco-system
- Experience with GitOps, ChatOps and DevSecOps
- Strong experience in the design and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines (Buildkite experience preferred)
- Experience with containerisation (docker) and container orchestration technologies, especially Amazon EKS (or Kubernetes in general)
- Experience in supporting medium/large production infrastructures deployed at scale
- Hands on experience defining and implementing AWS policies and security controls including use of tools such as IAM, AWS Config, CloudTrail, Control Tower, Landing Zones, GuardDuty, etc
- Familiarity with a wide variety of AWS products beyond just EC2, such as Lambda, SNS, SQS, CloudFront, WAF, Secrets Manager, RDS, DynamoDB, Transit Gateway etc
- Strong experience with deploying and developing complex infrastructure via automation tools such as CDK, Terraform and CloudFormation
- Solid knowledge and practical experience using, maintaining and managing Linux servers, including writing and maintaining shell scripts
- Good understanding of networking and experience setting up virtual networks, as well as debugging and troubleshooting networking related issues in cloud environments
- Familiarity with developing in Go and TypeScript would be highly regarded
- Experience in troubleshooting Java applications will be highly regarded
- Excellent communication, influencing and coaching skills with the ability to explain complex ideas and solve problems are essential
- A well-developed sense of empathy for your customers, both internal and external.
Juan Carlos Marino Londono
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856