An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic leading-edge manufacturer who offer solutions to business owner through there innovations. Their staff are industry leaders who will support, advise, and bring the installations to life. With continued growth for the last 12 months the time is now to expand their team with an experienced Service and Support Engineer to join the Auckland operations.
This position requires a strong communicator who can support the service delivery team meet their objectives. Combining your mechatronics and electrical engineering skills to support the after-sales service and technical support team. In this position, you'll provide support via 1st level technical fault review, detailed diagnostic processes, and technical reviews in control system programming/software package.
The role will also require you to provide hands-on or digital support in client interactions across installation, maintenance, and breakdowns.
The role will see you:
- Be within a focal point of contact within issue/failure/incident reporting
- Have Mechanical and Electrical Aptitude (Ability to Component and Machine strip and assemble)
- Ability to be able to review electrical functionality (Including Schematics), conduction component, and circuit testing via a multi-meter.
- Ability to be able to review caseloads and prioritise.
- Keep an open communication line with end-user clients and manage expectations in solution delivery.
We'll need you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechatronic, Mechanical or Electrical discipline
- Exposure to automated manufacturing machines
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage client expectations and timed delivery, with a good sense of humour to boot, as well as a strong customer focus to understand their needs
- Good IT / Microsoft knowledge
- Looking for a career not just a job
- Ability to manage a small team once this position is up and going
- Senior reporting abilities
- Exposure to C++ control systems software (debugging / Diagnostics)
Several opportunities within the Australia's as well.
Advancements opportunities for the right person
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856