We are looking for an experienced customer hardware technician to join the team in Sydney for a long-term contract. This is a field role which involves travelling to various sites in Sydney.
- Must have a valid driver's license and own vehicle to travel between sites
- An employee at this level must be capable of performing the work outlined below, including the requirements of tier I and tier II.
- Able to apply a logical, methodical, and analytical approach to isolate and solve technical problems; and
- Able to communicate and to work with other technicians, departments, and customers in technical support situations.
- Demonstrates and applies greater knowledge of the company's product.
- Able to exercise limited discretion in deviating from standard practice to solve problems within the area of experience.
- Researches problems and recommends solutions.
- Assists in the provision of on-job-training.
Customer Support -
- Responsible for working hardware support requests such as hardware outages, hardware swaps, chassis swaps via the IMS ticketing system.
- Responsible for scheduling and performing hardware maintenances for the company's customers that involve upgrades, downgrades, support requests, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with basic network and operating system installations and configurations in relation to the company's ticketing system.
- Remain a presence in datacenter, NOC, and Support chat. Responsible for responding to other support teams questions and hand-offs.
Outage \ UIP Response (Row \ Datacenter Level Outage) -
- Responsible for responding to UIP related events around physical infrastructure. Coordinating with internal departments to resolve outage events around faulty links, optics, or failed Networking devices.
- Outage events are performed under the supervision and guidance of Site Management.
- May be directed to perform other duties consistent with training and skill levels required for this position.
- Understand site utilisation and provide assistance with Management on capacity.
+61 484 554 538
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856