Our Client is one of Australia's leading pharmaceutical distributors and fastest growing health and beauty retailers. Looking to expand their safety team, we are in search of a motivated person with strong communication skills who understands the importance of site safety. We are looking for a motivated Site Safety Officer to support their strategic goal of a safer place to work, every day at our Sydney Distribution Centre. As an essential service supplying pharmaceuticals to the community, your role in supporting our Team Member's safety cannot be understated.
Based in Camellia and reporting to the Distribution Manager (with an indirect reporting line to the national Safety & Wellbeing Team), this permanent, full-time role is perfect for someone looking to take the next step in their safety career.
About The Role
Key responsibilities :
- Coach, support, and mentor Site Leadership to ensure a high standard of safety is maintained.
- Coordinate the delivery of monthly safety activities, scheduled by our Safety Business Plan. This includes completing certain activities yourself, as well as supporting Operational Management to lead safety at the site.
- Complete and lead risk assessments (e.g. plant / equipment, workplace changes, traffic management, emergency response etc.).
- Support incident early intervention strategies and coach site leadership to complete thorough and quality investigations.
- Develop concise and meaningful communications to share safety learnings, system improvements, and provide direction.
- Ensure Contractor Management / Permit to Work standards are implemented and adhered to.
- Promote compliance with the ISO45001 accredited Safety Management System.
- Maintain structured evidence to demonstrate compliance to the Safety Management System and key ISO45001 Standard criteria.
- A mininimum of 2 years' experience in a Safety related role
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative requirements.
- Ability to influence and communicate clearly with key stakeholders.
- Ability to coach and mentor Management & Team Members on safety.
- Previous experience with supporting change and risk management processes.
- Display confident safety behaviours to influence culture and lead by example.
- Effective time management whilst being agile to achieve high standards.
- Be a true team player, with the ability to work independently as required.
- Experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, Distribution or Warehousing is preferred.
- Tertiary qualification in WHS (min. Cert IV preferred) or related discipline.
To be considered for the role apply online by submitting an updated CV in MS Word format. For any enquiries and a confidential discussion, contact Naomi Seo on 0434 247 343.
Health Safety & Environment
+61 434 247 343
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856