The Solution Designer role is the intersection of analytics, systems and project delivery, providing thought leadership and innovation for analytical data. The function is accountable for the overall solution design of the extraction, transformation and creation of analytically ready data, that is, data specifically created in an agile manner for use in descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
The main accountability of this role is to play a lead role in designing, governing and implementing strategic risk data solutions which meet the needs of both the business and IT. This role requires to work closely with the Enterprise Architects, Information Architects and act as the liaison between the Analytics team, various technology teams including strategic partners and the various business areas.
Detailed understanding of quantitative analytics, its methodologies and data processes. This role aims to enhance and innovate the data processes that underpin analytical activities.
- Detailed understanding of credit risk management and the Business and Consumer portfolios, across the Group and its underlying systems.
- Understanding of how Risk fits into the business through knowledge of products, portfolios, originations, account management, marketing and collections functions.
- Excellent business analysis skills to work through data issues and credit risk data elements.
- Strong verbal communication skills to convey information and ideas in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain messages.
- Strong written skills to be able to clearly articulate and present findings to senior stakeholders and produce deliverables.
- Ability to manage own time to meet milestones and deliverables.
- Strong collaborative work practices in an agile, fast paced team environment.
- Ability to work closely with a range of people across the Bank to complete the work.
- A strong work ethic and a desire to go the extra mile
Ability to work in demanding and high pace environment
About You/ Essential:
- Credit Risk and/or Banking Product experience
- 3+ years experience in a large and complex financial services organisation.
- 5+ years of Business Analysis and Functional & Non Functional Analysis experience.
- 7+ years experience within projects and/or delivery of business and technology solutions, involving engineering of complex data processes.
- 7+ years of Advanced SQL and SAS experience particularly in data manipulation, cleansing using Base SAS, SAS/Macro, SAS DI Studio, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Management Consle and overall SAS Platform.
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience in batch scheduling jobs using LSF and Control-M and r
- 3+ years hands on experience using Unix/Linux servers and execution SAS jobs in batch.
- 3+ years of experience in data quality analysis and remediation.
- Good Knowledge on Cloud Platforms and Big Data Analytics using Hadoop and Azure.
- Experience in data analysis and modelling.
- Hands on use of the Atlassian toolset of JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket.
Teritiary qualifications in Maths, Statistics, Quantitative, Business, Computer Engineering or equivalent business experience.