Job/Project Description -
The services will include and not be limited to:
- Execute test cases as required within the test suites and record the results of test execution;
- Adhere to Defect Management strategy to manage defects;
- Document test plans in line with the department Test Strategy;
- Assist the Enterprise Testing and Quality Assurance section and other teams with testing activities as required this may include peer reviews, walk throughs;
- Provide feedback/reports on estimates of testing effort and progress for project management and planning activities;
- Liaise with Business Analysts, System Analysts, Architects and Business Subject Matter Experts to clarify intended system behaviour and supporting business processes;
- Collaborate with many stakeholders and subject matter experts including the co-ordination of UAT with multiple business teams;
- Ability to work within team and/or autonomously if required;
- Work with various testing methodologies including Waterfall and Agile; and
Specified Personnel will be expected to transfer skills and knowledge to departmental staff and ensure appropriate documentation is stored in accordance with the Department's recordkeeping policy and practices.
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate or equivalent certificate, or relevant practical experience.
- ISTQB Foundation Agile Extension Certificate or equivalent.
Demonstrated experience (3+years) in manual testing, including:
- Experience in application (including D365), Datawarehouse (with strong SQL skills and ETL knowledge) system integration and mobile device testing.
- Experience using various test tools (i.e. Azure DevOps, MicroFocus ALM and ALM Octane)
- Thorough understanding of testing practices and processes in agile and waterfall project environment.
- Working independently, at the direction of the Test Manager, following testing processes.
- Provide test estimations and work to these timeframes for upcoming work.
- Strong experience in the preparation and maintenance of test plans, test cases, test results and defect reporting
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and time management skills.
- Datawarehouse testing experience for Datawarehouse test role.
- Interagency testing experience for Interagency test role.
Desktop testing experience for Desktop test role.