Inner North, Melbourne
- Enhance your career in Safety
- Join a supportive, energetic and talented team of Safety Professionals
- National family-owned company
Safesearch is working exclusively with one of Australia's leading retail chains to find their next WHS Coordinator. As a well-established and long-standing leader in the industry, this company prides itself on quality, innovative products and services, to enhance the delivery of their service to clients.
This role is the perfect opportunity to gain experience and put your knowledge into practice. It will suit a safety professional (with 3 or 4 years' experience in a similar role) who has worked in a changing environment with a varied risk profile.
Reporting to the WHS Manager, this position will be responsible for providing WHS Support, coordination and advice to the business
You will be involved in assisting with the development, implementation and improvement of WHS policies, directives, and procedures based on relevant legislation and the groups guiding principles and practices.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attendance of OHS meetings to ensure compliance with a respective legislation and regulations
- Provide general safety advice and services
- Implement, monitor and administer WHS Compliance matters
- Monitor and maintain Workcover reporting systems, processes and programs
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to the WHS team in the performance of their roles and responsibilities
- Project management as required
To be successful you will bring:
- Open minded and engaging personality - must be keen to build good working relationships
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- 3-4 years' experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of and ability to research WHS legislation and codes of practice
- Analytical mindset and ability to read and interpret data to draw conclusions and trends
- Health and Safety Qualifications - Minimum Cert IV
This role offers an exciting opportunity for you to utilise your WHS skills and knowledge and learn from a team of passionate safety/HSE professionals. This role will help propel your career in Workplace Health and Safety.
How to apply:
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With a culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join. To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button to submit your resume in MS Word format. Alternatively, please reach out to Brittany Nikolich on (03) 7000 1213 or Kristyn Maguire at for more information about this role.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856