We are actively engaged with our large Federal government client who are seeking APS6/EL1 level Procurement Officer to commence an initial contract until Nov 2024 with possible 12 months extension
Location: Canberra and Adelaide
Australian citizens with minimum Baseline security clearance are eligible to apply
What to expect:
APS6 Procurement Officer:
- Support the development of division procurement strategies in-line with division and Department business planning objectives.
- Provide input to division procurement project management mechanisms.
- Generate reports on the status of division procurement strategies for the Lead Procurement Officer to present to division leadership and executive staff.
- Develop robust procurement plans in-line with department procurement processes and advice. This includes identifying and assessing potential risks in the procurement process.
- Prepare procurement documentation for divisional procurement requests.
- Maintain accurate records for divisional procurements.
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve division approaches to procurements.
- Assist with the management of the agency's Support Services Panel and all associated procurements.
EL1 Lead Procurement Officer:
- Support agency officials with overseeing the Support Services Panel.
- Support agency officials in establishing a new panel or other arrangement to meet Agency specialist technical support needs, in close consultation with relevant line areas and department central procurement team.
- Support agency officials in developing division procurement strategies in-line with division and department business planning objectives.
- Lead the establishment of project management mechanisms for the effective implementation and oversight of division procurement strategies.
- Report the status of division procurement strategies to division leadership and executive staff.
- Provide recommendations to division leadership and executive staff on resource requirements to meet forecast procurement needs.
- Liaise with the department central procurement team to ensure division procurement strategies and plans align with relevant departmental policies and are consistent with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules.
- Lead and support the APS6 Procurement Officer and division staff to develop robust individual procurement plans in-line with department procurement processes and advice.
- Providing guidance and leadership to the APS6 Procurement Officer, including setting performance objectives and conducting regular performance evaluations.
- Have in-depth knowledge of and experience in complex commercial contract management and Commonwealth Procurement Framework.
- Have a sound understanding of the PGPA Act 2013 and Rule 2014, as well as Commonwealth Procurement Rules.
- Be highly motivated, organised, proactive and display excellent management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills, including strong emotional intelligence, resilience and adaptability, tailoring approaches as required.
- Respond flexibly to changing situations, including using sound judgement under pressure, to ensure the success of key deliverables.
- Display an understanding of the 'bigger picture' to identify any emerging opportunities or threats in relation to your program of work.
- Have the ability to develop and interpret documentation under limited direction.
- Have a Cert IV or diploma in procurement and contract management or equivalent experience in the same field.
- Collaborate with applicable division stakeholders to deliver procurement related services that are fit for purpose and assist in delivering efficient and effective procurement outcomes.
If this sounds like you, please click on "APPLY" for a confidential chat
Account Manager - Public Sector
+61 2 6200 3399
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856