Our client one of the Big 4 Bank is seeking an experienced Big Data Engineer to join their team on a contract based in Sydney.
The Big Data Engineer is responsible for building and supporting the big data platform. As a Data Engineer - Big Data, your responsibilities include:
- Develop, test and support future-ready data solutions for customers across industry verticals
- Develop, test and support end-to-end batch and near real-time data flows/pipelines
- Demonstrate understanding in data architectures, modern data platforms, big data, ML/AI, analytics, cloud platforms, data governance and information management and associated technologies
- Develop and demonstrate Proof of Concepts and Working Demos
- Support and collaborate with other internal/external consultants in consulting, workshops and delivery engagements
To ensure success in the role you will possess the following skills:
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a solution designer, developer, tester or support role in IT Consulting or other technology business units across the industry
- Minimum of 3+ years of hands-on development, testing, support and administration experience Apache Flink or Akka(Actors) solutions written in Scala or Java
- Experience in applying industry best practices, design patterns and first-of-a-kind technical solutions as developer or administrator on data and non-data specific platforms and applications
- Experience in implementing near real-time data flows/pipelines and distributed streaming applications
- Experience in implementing traditional ETL, data warehousing and BI solutions
- Hands-on development experience and working skill level in Python, Scalar, SQL, shell scripting and other programming/scripting languages
- Hands-on implementation of services sensitive to performance SLAs with high availability, fault-tolerance, automatic fail-over and geographical redundancy
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with Cloud Platform such as Azure, AWS, GCP and IBM and other modern data platforms
- Solid understanding of containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes etc), virtualisation, infrastructure and networking
- Akka and flink streaming processing engine, etl data warehousing, bi solution,
+ 61 412 385 450
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856