Based in Rockingham, our client, a large Federal Government Agency within Defence is currently seeking NV1 cleared APS5, AP6 and EL1 Finance professionals to stand up a new division.
They are embarking on an exciting journey to establish a cutting-edge division, placing a strong emphasis on the dynamic field of Costing.
Join a newly created division of Defence, supporting crucial cost estimation for one of the most significant programs in the Defence sector for the past 50 years. Your expertise will be instrumental in ensuring the ongoing success of the Department for generations to come.
- Supporting a significant program budget, you will be tasked with maintaining the cost model up to date, including potential joint or tri-lateral models, as the program evolves
- Assist divisions and branches in accurately costing their planned activities in accordance with the Defence Costing Policy and Department of Finance Estimates Memorandum 2017/55
- Offer strategic guidance and scrutinize planned activities, cost projections, and scheduling estimates presented by Divisions and Branches.
- Deliver dependable, logical, and punctual cost estimates for Government submissions, such as Cabinet Submissions.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholder groups including Department of Finance Group and Contestability Division
- Manage external stakeholder relationships such Department of Finance, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet and Parliamentary Budget Office regarding submissions and supporting cost estimates
- Manage project programming adjustments during each budget update cycle
- Extract, compile, and validate pertinent program cost estimates and financial data from cost models and corporate financial systems, and prepare them for Senate Estimates Briefs
- Advocate for enhanced costing practices that align with Defence Cost Estimate Standards across Divisions and Branches through consultations
- Establish and implement Cost Recovery Policy measures
The Agency is seeking finance professionals with core experience in costing to support the formation of a new division. They are looking for candidates with a range of experience to fill a number of roles within the team - APS5, APS6, EL1 and EL2 - on a non-ongoing basis or S26 transfer.
While employed at the organization, you will utilise your deep technical skills in Costing to engage and communicate across a range of personnel including direct reports, peers, and key stakeholders - depending on the level of role.
To be considered for a role within the team, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or a related field.
- All applicants should be an Australian Citizen with a minimum of an NV1 clearance.
- Proven experience in cost estimation, financial analysis, or a related role.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities.
- Knowledge of the defence industry regulations and practices is a plus.
- CA / CPA Qualification is highly desirable.
All applicants should be an Australian Citizen with a minimum of an NV1 clearance.
Please specify on application which role/s you would like to be reviewed for
What's on Offer
Working for a newly formed Federal Government Agency, you will be rewarded with;
- A diverse role with a supportive and collaborative team environment
- An attractive salary package
- A supportive team environment
- On-the-job training
- Career growth and development
- Hybrid working
- 15.4% superannuation
Please submit your CV by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Camillo Oculto in the Manpower Finance & Accounting team on 0431 729 833.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856