This Federal Government organisation requires an experienced Desktop Support Officer to join the team on an initial 6-month contract with the option for 3 additional 6-month contract extensions. You will be part of a supportive team based in Brisbane CBD and provide 1st and 2nd level support to the organisations staff.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing high quality, responsive, courteous and timely 1st and 2nd level IT support to members and staff of the agency
- Test, install and maintain computers, peripherals, videoconferencing, office equipment, software, logs and security systems as required.
- Service Desk support includes:
- being available to adequately cover Service Desk functions as rostered/required
- monitoring and managing IT incident and service requests through the Service Desk system, telephone and personal presentation
- Ensuring issues are documented correctly and resolved in a timely fashion
- Fostering effective and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This may include:
- liaising with external service providers in relation to support arrangements, procurement, invoicing and other tasks as required
- communicating technical information to non-technical members and staff
- Maintain and monitor backup procedures, communications and security systems.
- Undertake project work as directed.
To be successful in the role you will be assessed against the following selection criteria:
- Experience in support
- Experience providing 1st level and 2nd IT support in a Microsoft environment. Understanding of networking
- Experience installing and trouble-shooting PCs and peripherals
- Problem solving skills
- Customer service
- Strong customer service focus
- Conflict resolution skills
- Understanding of the need to follow up to ensure clients are satisfied and to keep them informed of the progress of any issues logged
- Communication and liaison skills
- Ability to document solutions and communicate solutions to the rest of the Information technology team
- Ability to develop simple instructions for use by clients
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff
- Flexibility and initiative
- Ability to contribute to project work as directed
- Ability to learn new technologies and applications
- Ability to prioritise work and cope with multiple demands
- Ability to respond to changing work demands and circumstances
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology are highly desirable
- and/or Industry related training and qualifications. Microsoft Qualifications are highly desirable.
This is a great opportunity to join this large Federal Government agency on an initial 6-Month contract and option to renew for up to a total of 2 years. In return for your hard work you will be paid weekly at a rate of up to $460 p/day.
To be considered for this position you will need to be an Australian Citizen with the ability to secure baseline security clearance.
+ 61 7 3632 3001
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856