Are you a Communications and Media professional looking for your next exciting project? Our client is a Federal Government Agency, seeking a strategic thinker to raise their organisational profile to be a visible, modern, and contemporary authority. This opportunity is available on an initial 6-month temporary assignment, with opportunity to further extend.
Please note, applicants are required to be an Australian Citizen and be willing to undergo an AGSVA Baseline Security Clearance.
Purpose of the position
The EL1 Assistant Director of Communications and Media oversees the development and implementing external communications strategies aligned with the agency's value propositions and strategic direction - creating tailored communications and supporting awareness-raising activities to raise the agency's profile.
As the EL1 AD Communications and Media, you will directly report to the Director of Strategic Communications, to develop the external communications function, oversee key corporate communications, and develop the social media strategy. This position will lead a small team of APS 5 and 6 personnel, building capability across clear work programs, performance monitoring and productivity analysis.
The team is predominantly based in Adelaide and Melbourne office locations; however, flexible ways of working are open to applications that can be based in Canberra, Sydney, and Brisbane office locations. Supporting numerous business areas regarding communications and media, you'll be exposed to multiple business areas, groups, and functions.
Oversee the strategic communications for the agency, ensuring effective delivery of external communications and increased brand awareness by:
- providing high-level advice to Executive, informing the development of policies, programs and management of public relations issues;
- developing networks across the APS to build a comprehensive understanding of contemporary best practice and regulatory communications;
- operating as a strategic, trusted partner with the agency's business areas and stakeholders, building long lasting relationships through early and regular engagement, demonstrating an understanding of business requirements and value-add services;
- identifying promotional opportunities and developing and implementing short-term communications plans and complex long-term communication strategies that promote both the agency's brands through the media, social media, events and via through stakeholder publications and networks
- ensuring the agency's external communications are accurate, clear and concise and consistent
- overseeing and expanding the agency's social media presence
Skills and Capabilities
- Tertiary qualification/s in Communications or relevant field
- Experience raising the profile of an organisation and delivering high quality communications in a similar role
- At least five years of experience in external communications
- Evidence of responsibility for developing, implementing, and delivering communication strategies and campaigns (essential)
- Ability to obtain a baseline security clearance
To express your interest, please submit your resume detailing your relevant experience via the APPLY button. For more information, questions, or queries, please email Peter via .
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856