This company is a leading Australian NGO that has been helping veterans and their families for almost 100 years. They provide emotional, social, and financial support for those in need. They assist their beneficiaries in accessing any eligible government pensions and benefits. They also make special payments on a needs basis to beneficiaries. They provide social events for all those in their community to come together, and avoid loneliness and isolation. They prioritise education, through grants, scholarships, and mentoring programs; as well as activities and camps. The organisation's underpinning values are commitment, understanding, trust, and empathy.
A position for a Finance Officer is available in the Brisbane City office. Permanent for the right candidate. This role is part of a small finance team reporting directly to the Finance Manager. As Finance Officer you will be responsible for processing accounts payable, receipts, reporting financial activity, and administering and maintaining income and expenditure records. Duties will include but not be limited to:-
- Banking donations and providing receipts, including annual regular giving receipts
- Managing regular giving registers and sending credit card follow ups as required
- Managing internal and external donation queries and discrepancies
- Full accounts payable/receivable functions including building stakeholder relationships and ensuring accuracy in all invoicing
- Assist with preparing audit papers, and ledger and reconcile online donations
- Record dependent financial support in Raisers' Edge
- Ensure correct allocation of GST and accurate compliance
- Customer service duties including responding to stakeholder queries
- Maintaining stakeholder confidentiality and ensuring safety of personal and sensitive information
- Ad hoc tasks as required by the broader finance team
- Role model the organisations values
As the successful Finance Officer you will have substantial bookkeeping experience within a business environment. You will be knowledgeable of Australian Tax guidelines particularly pertaining to GST, and a commitment to personal and professional development. As the Finance Officer you will have accomplished communications skills and the ability to engage effectively with stakeholders of all backgrounds. You will be committed to both personal and professional development.
Skills & Experience
- Substantial bookkeeping experience in a business environment
- Certificate IV in Bookkeeping
- Ability to obtain positive blue card
- Advanced competency in MYOB
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated knowledge of ATO guidelines
- Strong willingness and ability to follow organisation policies and procedures
- High interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Blue Card or ability to obtain a Blue Card
- Previous bookkeeping experience in an NFP or NGO preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience with legalities of gift giving and charity desirable
Please submit your CV by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Lilly McKenzie in the ManpowerGroup Brisbane Office.
+617 3407 3134
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856