This highly regarded company specialises in originating and managing proprietary investment opportunities designed to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns by leveraging their team's experience and regional networks across a specific industry sector. They work in close collaboration with their investors to develop tailor made investment strategies and seamlessly execute the investment mandates. They understand the fundamental drivers, market trends, different cultures and practices of the value chain segments and geographies they invest in, making them a formidable force in their chosen market. They are currently seeking to appoint a Financial Accountant to join their high-performing team.
The Financial Accountant will be reporting to the Financial Controller and will assist in taking the company's financial operations and functions to the next level. You will be responsible for providing effective finance, tax and accounting support to the business operations; assisting with the preparation of statutory reporting; ensuring compliance with applicable tax legislation as it applies to company financial functions, and being involved with general accounting and day-to-day tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide effective finance, tax and accounting support to the business operations;
- Assist with the preparation of statutory reporting in compliance with the accounting standards;
- Ensure compliance with applicable tax legislation as it applies to company financial functions;
- Preparation of monthly journals and reconciliations for consolidation for the monthly financial reports;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual statutory accounts in compliance with the accounting standards;
- Assist with trial balance, accruals, pre-payments, lease agreements, administered debt, fee waivers, accounts payable, accounts receivable
- Maintain company asset registers on a regular basis so as to obtain accurate book and tax depreciation schedules for financial reporting and tax returns.
- Liaising with banks and building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role you will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualified in Finance or Accounting
- Qualified or currently pursuing CPA/CA
- Current knowledge of accounting standards and relevant tax and statutory requirement
- Experience with systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence
- A detailed orientated and process driven individual who is passionate about developing and embedding best practice
- Sound organisational and time management skills
- A high degree of integrity, honesty, commitment, and responsibility
What's of Offer
- Career Progression and Professional Development Opportunities
- Excellent Remuneration Package and Company Benefits
- Great Team Culture and Working Environment
Please submit your CV by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Jack Gullo on or Matthew Taylor on in the Manpower Finance & Accounting Brisbane office.
+ 61 7 3407 3150
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856