- Appetite to move along a change journey - just needs a champion!
- Genuine impact - safety journey
- Inner Melbourne with regional footprint
Build the Health & Safety of Leading Educational Institution. Build, execute, influence! Excellent benefits available.
Our client is a high quality multi-site educational institution based centrally in Melbourne's inner suburbs, with further regional footprint. It takes great pride in the supportive learning environment that they create - and this incorporates the students health, safety and overall wellbeing.
This role will continue to be the visible champion of Health and Safety for everyone - many stakeholder groups included. With a broad risk profile throughout their programs and teaching and activities - the scope of this role will be far reaching and make an impact.
With some fine-tuning of the Health and Safety function, this organisation is seeking a Health and Safety Manager to lead this function across all facets.
While the organisation has a very well-known brand in the marketplace, the Health and Safety function requires a deeper level of capability to re-evaluate the roadmap forward and ensure the correct priorities are in place. While there is an appetite for the organisation to take a journey towards a deeper, integrated and more mature safety program, this will requires expertise and leadership from this role.
You will work in partnership with the senior leaders of the institution, shaping and enabling the vision across the variety of activities and locations - and it's significant workforce that undertake multiple types of work (high and low risk). Part of that journey will be ensuring the foundations of health and safety are the right ones, and building consistency across all subdivisions. The ability to communicate and relate with energy and influence will be important in this role - educating along the way.
The successful you must be able to demonstrate ability/experience with:
- Developing strong relationships with internal clients to be able to affect positive change, particularly with Senior leaders
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to engage multiple stakeholders and inspire adherence to agreed priorities along the safety roadmap
- A strong technical understanding of Health and Safety requirements and creation of pragmatic solutions across various contexts and risk levels
- A number of workforce environments preferred
- Building or reshaping Safety Management Systems, with a firm understanding of integrated policy and procedures
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Safety or Risk (preferred)
Make your mark and be recognised. This role brings a competitive remuneration package with other financial/non-financial benefits alongside.
To apply please click the appropriate link and supply your CV in Word format, quoting reference number ss106159.
Health Safety & Environment
+61 3 7000 1212
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856, State: SA, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHS 288821. For queries relating to 'Labour Hire Licences' ONLY please contact: 'email@example.com' (do not apply to the advert using this email).