Growing customer expectations. Market-shaping leadership. Self-optimising systems. The post-digital age shows no signs of slowing down, and the need for rapid business transformation has never been greater. This highly regarded and global international business leader works with customers wherever they are on their paths to change-in every industry across the globe-and partners with them to create lasting value.
They are currently seeking to appoint a Junior Financial Accountant to join their high performing team based in the heart of the Brisbane CBD, and as part of their global community.
The Junior Financial Accountant will be reporting to the Finance Manager and working closely with the Financial Accounting team, wherein you will support and help leverage the extensive experience of the team in accounting, financial planning & analysis, public reporting, control processes, tax and compliance to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, efficient capital allocation, and sound financial planning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Month-end close to ensure that financial statements are accurately stated and deadlines are met
- Processing month-end journal entries and preparing month-end balance sheet reconciliations
- Month-end revenue review and processing reserves, ensuring revenue recognition is in accordance with US GAAP
- Performing lease calculations in accordance with the accounting standards
- Recording intercompany accounting transactions and the related reconciliations across entities
- Maintaining fixed assets register, both accounting and tax, and recording monthly depreciation expense
- Performing quarterly income tax calculations and tax instalment payments
- Monthly variance analysis on both Segment and Regional basis
- Preparation of monthly Business Activity Statements and annual Fringe Benefits Tax returns
- Collation of data for External and Internal audits, including SOX audits
- Various reporting, including trend analysis and other ad-hoc reporting
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role you will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualified in Finance or Accounting
- Currently pursuing or qualified CPA/CA
- Demonstrated experience with ERP systems
- Strong skills and knowledge of Excel
- Current knowledge of accounting standards and relevant tax and statutory requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence
- A detailed orientated and process driven individual who is passionate about developing and embedding best practice
- Sound organisational and time management skills
- A high degree of integrity, honesty, commitment, and responsibility
What's of Offer
- Career Progression and Development Opportunities within Global Company
- Excellent Remuneration Package and Company Benefits
- Great Team Culture and Working Environment
- Continually Growing Organisation who are already Highly Successful
Please submit your CV by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Jack Gullo on in the Manpower Finance & Accounting Brisbane office.
+ 61 7 3407 3150
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856