Our client, a professional market leader in the food manufacturing business in the northern suburbs of Adelaide has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Supervisor with food industry experience to join their team.
The business is experiencing significant growth and this position offers an excellent opportunity for a switched on, energetic, and hands-on leader with a strong commitment to safety, quality and continuous improvement to make a great career move.
About the position
Reporting to the Director Production, your main focus will be to plan, schedule and execute production ensuring that production standards, quotas and deadlines are met and key responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day supervision of the production team
- Oversight of end-to-end production processes
- Working across goods inward, production, packing and goods outward
- Rostering staff to ensure optimal efficiency
- Leading and motivating the team to achieve targets
- Ensuring all work performed complies with the Safety Management Plan
- Ensuring quality assurance throughout the production process
- Minimising downtime by resolving production issues as they arise
- Completing production administration and food quality accreditation tasks
- Running toolbox meetings and safety talks with the team
- Training and supporting team members to grow and develop their skills
Essentials you will need
- Minimum of 2 years' supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Sound understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and practices
- Sound understanding of food safety and hygiene principles and practices
- Good arithmetic and mathematical conversion skills
- Competency in basic Microsoft office suite (Word / Excel)
- Good keyboard/data entry skills
Nice to have qualifications
- Forklift licence
- AQF Certificate III in Food Processing (or willing to obtain)
- Working knowledge of HACCP or FSC food safety/quality systems
What we offer you
- A competitive salary with growth potential
- Career progression opportunity into management
- Day shift hours for good work life balance
- Time off every Christmas & New Year for holidays
- Excellent training with support for further formal study in food manufacturing
- A positive team working environment
- On-site parking
- Staff discounts on products and other perks.
0492 445 586
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856