Our client is looking for a experienced safety professional to join their high risk business. This role will join a small team of passionate and hard working individuals who live by a safety first culture.
This role will report directly into the leadership team and will have their full support. This business has strong WHS systems in place and really require a individual who loves to be on the ground building solid relationships.
This role would suit safety candidates who thrive on a operational level, it is a great opportunity for a safety coordinator to take that next step and take on more WHS responsibilities.
The role will be based in south Gippsland, working across 2 different sites.
- Ensure sites and their activities are complying with our safety management system - Hammertech
- Leading by example and driving the safety first culture on site
- Run OHS meetings and organise monthly reports / trends
- Review and update OH&S documentation / procedures as and when required
- Running training sessions and coordinate testing
- Contractor management
- Incident investigations / risk assessment (Also training employees how to do correct risk assessments)
- Running internal audits and partnering with providers for external audits
- Minimum 3 - 4 years experience in a similar safety role within a high risk workplace - Heavy manufacturing / civil construction / Earth moving / Mining
- ICAM understanding and exposure or similar
- Possess an understanding of OH&S legislation.
- Experienced in writing SWMS, JSA, SOPs and risk assessments.
- Formal qualifications in OHS (Training and assessment cert IV will be highly regarded)
Perks of this role:
- Competitive remuneration salary
- Mobile phone / laptop / Ipad
- Training and professional development
- Friendly and passionate team
For more information, reach out or Nicole Rogalsky o 0455 673 611.
Health Safety & Environment
+61 3 7000 1210
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856