Growing customer expectations. Market-shaping leadership. Self-optimising systems. The post-digital age shows no signs of slowing down, and the need for rapid business transformation has never been greater. This highly regarded and global international business leader works with customers wherever they are on their paths to change-in every industry across the globe-and partners with them to create lasting value. They are currently seeking a talented Senior Financial Accountant to work in their Brisbane office, as part of the global community, on a 4-month contract.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Senior Financial Accountant will be supporting the finance team with a range of accounting responsibilities including financial accounting and compliance functions for the organisation's Australian group of entities. Your duties will include, but not be limited to:-
- Month-end revenue review and processing reserves, ensuring revenue recognition is in accordance with US GAAP
- Performing lease calculations in accordance with the accounting standards
- Recording inter-company accounting transactions and the related reconciliations across entities
- Maintaining fixed assets register, both accounting and tax, and recording monthly depreciation expense
- Performing quarterly income tax calculations and tax instalment payments
- Monthly variance analysis on both Segment and Regional basis
- Preparation of monthly Business Activity Statements and annual Fringe Benefit Tax returns
- Collation of data for External and Internal audits, including SOX audits
- Various reporting including, trend analysis and other ad-hoc reporting
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities
- Ensuring the business meets its statutory obligations with regards to ASIC reporting, company secretarial practice and relevant tax obligations
- Coordinate the preparation of audit schedules, tax returns, financial statements, APRA returns or other reports
You will be progressing your career as an Accountant by being partially or a full member of an international accounting body. You will be a quick study, fast paced and eager to participate within a high performing team. This is a very hands-on position best suited to an aspiring finance leader that knows a role harnessing the foundational elements of their core accounting education and training is important to this as well as future employers.
Skills & Experience
- CA/CPA qualified
- Working Knowledge of a large ERP system preferred
- Tax knowledge across direct and indirect Australian taxes
- Commitment, self-motivation and deadline-driven
- Keen to work in a fast-paced environment and Multinational organisation
- Experience providing management reports, analysing profitability and progress against budget
- Involvement in the preparation of financial statements
- Track record or the ability to work with Operational Managers to prepare budgets and help them understand the key drivers of their business
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and manage custodial relationships
- Eye for detail and enjoyment of complex work
What's on offer?
- Spectacular CBD based office
- Learn from leaders regarded as the best in their field
- Diverse, varied role, in a great working environment and team culture
Please submit your CV by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Jack Gullo on in the Manpower Finance & Accounting Brisbane office.
+ 61 7 3407 3150
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856