We are actively engaged with our large Government client in Melbourne who are looking for VPS5 level Senior procurement Officer to commence a 14 months contract
What to expect:
You will provide high level procurement advice and support to a diverse range of customers, leads and provide effective relationship management services and ensures compliant procurement outcomes.
- Provide expert advice about procurement negotiations, approval frameworks and control gates to internal clients and stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain tendering, purchasing and contract development and management processes and systems that are rigorous, transparent and have credibility with all stakeholders.
- Develop procurement and funding documentation including specifications, statements of requirements, tender or submission documents, selection and approval reports.
- Assist with complex evaluation and negotiation processes with stakeholders involved in contracting and purchasing negotiations.
- Actively monitor and report on project progress, particularly in relation to expenditure and project risks and resolve any difficulties as they arise.
- Provide input and recommendations on opportunities for cost savings and monitor and report on subsequent savings arising from such initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant government legislation and experience in procurement, contract management activities.
- Planning and organising skills: identifying processes, tasks and resources required to achieve a goal; identifying more and less critical activities and operate accordingly
- Project management skills: consulting, liaising with and influencing key stakeholders; producing detailed project plans where objectives are clearly defined and action steps for achieving them are clearly specified
- Problem solving skills: seeking all relevant information for problem solving; liaising with stakeholders; analysing issues from different perspectives and draw sound inferences from information available
Account Manager - Public Sector
+61 2 6200 3399
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856