Strategic Sourcing Manager - Global Banking Client
Contract Role - 12 months (Maternity cover)
Daily Rate - $687.50/day + Super
Start Date - Depending on background check
About the role -
This role reports to Head of Procurement
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will execute Sourcing projects to deliver defined country annual savings targets. These projects will deliver competitive advantage for the business through cost savings, lifecycle value generation, demand management and innovation.
The projects will be delivered globally or locally in accordance with the Category Strategies and Commodity plans and will leverage the full range of supply and demand-side levers.
Indepth sourcing knowledge will be applied in the execution of these plans across all category areas whilst ensuring the risks associated with the purchase of goods and services are mitigated commercially, contractually and operationally.
It is expected that post contract value opportunities will be identified and delivered through working with business supplier managers and the local supply base making sure that these opportunities align with Category Strategies at all times.
Major Challenge -
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for "do the deal" and "use the deal" parts of the source to pay cycle, including post contract opportunities (all businesses). This includes all 3rd party spend and internal costs associated with the provision of those products/ services. There is a need to significantly uplift the Procurement functions category management and sourcing capability through a comprehensive strategy including intervention in sourcing activities, rigorous governance processes and people development.
Key activities -
- The Strategic Sourcing Manager will drive the right business outcomes with advanced subject matter expertise during the execution of projects and will support the local business in ensuring that the outputs of sourcing projects are embedded in the business to drive value through the contract lifecycle.
- Strategic Sourcing Manager will work with the Category Managers in monitoring local market conditions and will work with Category Management regarding emerging opportunities or changes
- Ensure maximum contractual protection for the business, taking into account the Procurement Handbook requirements and local regulatory issues.
- The role will ensure that businesses have operational accountability for contracts after signature and work with the SRM team to drive appropriate deployment of the supplier relationship management framework.
- Provide robust reports on progress against targets, PSL and buying channel compliance.
Must have skills -
- Category expertise in: IT Professional Services (CMO, project managers, testers, developers, vendors)
- End-to-end strategic IT sourcing & category management
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills and a flair for consulting
- Relevant University degree
If this is of interest, please respond to this advert supplying a CV in word format.
Key Account Consultant
+ 61 2 9263 8644
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856