One of Australia's best emerging universities, this organisation delivers hundreds of education and training offerings, from short courses and certificates, through to undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees. A pioneer in distance education, just under half the current student body studies off-campus, including in rural and remote areas. Partnering with private companies, and one of Australia's largest RTO's, you would be part of a key stakeholder team delivering innovative training to future generations.
Be a part of a fully funded pilot program partnering with RTOs, Universities, and Industry Leaders. Work in tertiary education to help high-schoolers in remote and regional areas develop forward-thinking skills in existing industries. This partnership has been working to develop this program since 2019 to prepare young people to work with autonomous technology in mining. The program will run between several schools in the Isaac Region, and will be an 18-month course. This contract will finish in December 2022.
As the Teacher of the newly accredited Certificate II in Autonomous Technologies, you will travel between schools in the Isaac Region to deliver this training to grade 10 students and assess their work. You will be responsible for:-
- Delivering teaching in person at several schools within the region
- Ensuring students are aware of and meet all timelines for coursework and assessment
- Marking assessment and giving feedback to students in a reasonable time frame
- Using a flexible and adaptive approach to teaching
- Ability to identify, tailor and implement innovative teaching and learning practices
- Using your current industry knowledge in autonomous systems, including PLC and WHS
As the successful Teacher you will be interacting with students from different schools and backgrounds, so you will have good communication skills. As this is being delivered across multiple schools, you will have a high level of initiative and problem-solving skills.
Skills & Experience
- Certificate IV in training and assessment or higher
- Tertiary qualification in trades, automation, technology, mechatronics or related areas
- Valid Australian Driver's license
- Understanding of Industry 4.0
- Knowledge of Microsoft including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of and experience with Learning Management Systems
- Must hold a working with children check (blue card) or be willing and able to obtain this
As the Teacher it would be beneficial to have:-
- Understanding of mining and related industries
- Current industry knowledge and experience in autonomous systems and PLC
- High level of initiative and ability to accept, promote, and manage change
- Knowledge of VET and Higher Education sectors
- Proximity to the Isaac Region
What's on Offer
- Get in on the ground floor of a new industry training opportunity
- Chance to work with students of different backgrounds
- 18-month contract with a large university and RTO
- Experience and career growth in a developing industry sector
Please submit your CV by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Lilly McKenzie in the ManpowerGroup Brisbane office on +61 734 073 134.
+617 3407 3107
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856