This government services provider is looking for a UX Designer with proficient negotiation skills and superior stakeholder management to ensure new services are designed around a great experience. The UX Designer is an advocate for customers, translating business and technical requirements into a user-friendly service.
Success will be measured through regular customer feedback, satisfaction ratings and data analytics.
What a UX Designer does within the team:
Some things you'll be responsible for creating:
- Customer journey maps
- Low fidelity prototypes like sketches and wireframes
- High fidelity, clickable prototypes
Some things you'll be responsible for doing:
- Design based on best practice and data
- Support user research activities
- Present design concepts to product teams and stakeholders
- Manage feedback, iterations and approvals for your creations
- Use data and research to quickly develop actionable user experience uplift plans.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated ability to design intuitive digital experiences, with expertise in user-centred design processes
- Understanding of front-end development best practices
- Proven ability to work closely with other disciplines and roles as part of an agile, cross-functional team
- Demonstrated strong design research skills including primary and desk-based.
- Proven stakeholder management capabilities, strong influence and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated use of design methods including prototyping, sketching and visual communication tools to explore new possibilities and their viability.
- Tertiary qualification in visual design or technology, cognitive sciences, communication or a related field.
- Experience designing for enterprise-level digital projects
- Skilled at working with Figma/Sketch and building interactive prototypes in Figma, InVision, Adobe XD, Marvel or other tool
- A folio that demonstrates depth and breadth of work with a strong focus on user interface design
- Experience using collaborative tools such as Confluence, JIRA and Zeplin
- Understanding of Google Analytics and the Google Marketing Platform an advantage.
Juan Carlos Marino Londono
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856