- Great early career Health and Safety role
- Manufacturing environment in Melbourne
- Suited to a background in Manufacturing/Logistics/Construction
Our client is a truly unique organisation within the manufacturing sector. They have a very solid client base and are a stable organisation that offer secure employment in these challenging times. From a Health and Safety perspective, they offer interesting work, have a broad risk profile including chemical storage/inventory, and have utilised the skillset in the team to lead the Covid-19 response.
At this time, they are seeking a Health and Safety professional with energy and passion, seeking to expand their expertise within Workplace Health and Safety. This role is a perfect opportunity for an early career (with 3 or 4 years experience in a similar role) Safety or similar professional who has worked in a changing environment and a varied risk profile.
Reporting to the HSEQ Manager this position will be responsible for providing WHS support, coordination and advice to the business.
For example, you will have the opportunity to be heavily involved in assessing risk and controls across the business, reviewing key procedures and validating risk assessments, coordinating investigations, and working within the Integrated Management System (including interpreting and analysing safety statistics).
This role also champions the Wellbeing program and will support the HSEQ Manager with ongoing WHS projects (with more responsibility given as you grow and develop your skillset).
To be successful you will bring:
- 3 to 4 years in a safety role OR 5-8 years in an operational environment with exposure to WHSE.
- Open minded and engaging personality - must be keen to build good working relationships
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and document systems and process of work
- Understanding of and ability to research WHS legislation and codes of practice
- Analytical mindset and ability to read and interpret data to draw conclusions and trends
- Health and Safety Qualifications - Either diploma or undergraduate degree
This role offers an exciting opportunity for an early career safety professional to work within and learn from a team of passionate safety/HSE professionals. This role will help to establish your career in Workplace Health and Safety!
Initial enquiries are welcome to Brittany Nikolich or (03) 7000 1213.
Alternatively, to apply online click on the appropriate link - please supply your CV in Word format.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856