Based in Sydney CBD, our client, a large Federal Government Agency within Defence, is currently seeking NV1 cleared APS5, AP6 and EL1 Finance professionals to stand up a new division, with a focus on Budgeting and Reporting.
The core focus of new unit will be to manage a significant program budget in line with Commonwealth requirements that include; budget process rules, estimates, timetables, processes and procedures, you will be tasked with the following duties:
- External budget development and management
- Department of Finance
- Department of Defence
- Defence Finance Group
- Parliamentary Budget Office
- Approve draft Appropriation Bills
- Advise on Defence support for budget timelines including:
- Data to support the Commonwealth Budget Management System
- FOREX and fund movements
- Appropriations and year-end cash management
- Advise on internal budget activities
- Manage budget reviews
- Support Division Heads and their teams with budget management and allocation
- Advise of budget slippage and potential variations
- Assist with internal budget management in corporate financial systems
The Agency is seeking finance professionals with core experience in budgeting and reporting to support the formation of a new division. They are looking for candidates with a range of experience to fill a number of roles within the team - APS5, APS6 and EL1 - on an non-ongoing basis or S26 transfer.
Working in the Agency, you will have deep technical skill sets matched with the ability to engage and communicate across a range of personnel including direct reports, peers, and key stakeholders - depending on the level of role.
To be considered for a role within the team, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- At least 3 - 5 years experience in a related accounting role for APS5 and APS6 requirement
- Minimum 2 years in a leadership role for EL1 requirement
- Experience working for a Government agency is preferred
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma in Accounting or Finance
- CA / CPA Qualification is highly desirable
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accurate data entry and a high attention to detail
- The ability to work autonomously within a team environment
All applicants should be an Australian Citizen with a minimum of an NV1 clearance.
Please specify on application which role/s you would like to be reviewed for.
What's on Offer
Working for a newly formed Federal Government Agency, you will be rewarded with;
- A diverse role with a supportive and collaborative team environment
- An attractive salary package
- A supportive team environment
- On-the-job training
- Career growth and development
- Hybrid working
- 15.4% superannuation
If you would like to make a difference to the future of Australian Security working for a Federal Government Agency, then look please make an application by clicking the APPLY button. For more information, please contact Seb Newton directly.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856