Our client's purpose:
Our client is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individuals to join their department across multiple APS6 Executive Assistant / Taskforce Coordinator positions. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team dedicated to delivering a simpler, more efficient, and digitalised cross-border trade environment, thereby benefiting businesses, the broader economy, and government.
All candidates applying for this position must be an Australian Citizen and have a current Baseline Security Clearance
As an Executive Assistant / Taskforce Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the Senior Executive Leadership team and broader Taskforce. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Senior Executive Leadership team and the Taskforce.
- Assist the SES with meeting preparation, including agendas, briefing notes, presentations, and diary management.
- Liaise with stakeholders, including the Minister's Office, and provide assistance with general inquiries.
- Coordinate and reconcile financial commitments for the Branch Head, consistent with policy and/or guidelines.
- Draft correspondence, briefing notes, and other reporting as required.
- Ensure governance requirements are met for all organisational documents and processes.
- Maintain and update administrative practices, systems, and procedures for improved efficiency and service delivery.
- Provide strategic support and advice to Taskforce SES and undertake quality assurance for Taskforce products.
- Coordinate and align Taskforce strategic planning and engagement.
- Mentor and develop the Taskforce Executive Assistant cohort.
- Support staff in managing Taskforce deadlines and clearances for SES.
To be successful in this role, you should demonstrate:
- High-level written and oral communication skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Sound judgment, contributing to new ideas, and identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- The ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships, responding to their needs and expectations.
- Integrity to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- The ability to develop objectives for short-term tasks and participate in strategic planning for longer-term initiatives.
- Willingness to participate in strategic planning and decision-making within the work area.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience providing executive support and/or coordination to a high-profile and fast-paced organisation.
- Qualifications in management, business, or administration.
- Government experience at the state or federal level.
- Experience in managing highly sensitive information and correspondence in systems (e.g., CABNET).
If you are a proactive and dedicated professional looking for a challenging yet rewarding opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume via the APPLY button or contact Peter via for more information. Applications close on 7th December 2023 COB, applications after this time will be considered as expressions of interest.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856