We are actively engaged with our Federal Government client in Canberra who are looking for EL1 level Assistant Director to commence a initial 6 months contract with 2 x6 months extension
Australian citizens are eligible to apply
What to expect:
The role's key focus is to lead development, management and delivery of client's corporate governance products, services and systems, ensuring compliance with legislative obligations. It also leads and coordinates overarching systems of internal control, including risk management systems. This includes planning, research, architecture development, system implementation, system maintenance, reporting on and continuously improving a diverse and complex suite of corporate performance reporting, governance, system of internal control, risk and other services
- Identify emerging risks and issues, consider their implications, and propose solutions.
- Lead key workstreams and provide regular updates on key deliverables.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support senior team members and operational work areas in managing agency corporate reporting systems, governance systems, systems of internal control, risk and their associated compliance regimes.
- Provide regular papers, reports and briefings on relevant topics to the Board, Audit and Risk Committee, Executive Leadership Team, Risk Management Committee, and other committees or individuals as required.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Commonwealth legislation and policies, especially the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act) and associated Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rule 2014 (PGPA Rule).
- Extensive experience in leading the design and implementation of compliance and reporting frameworks, .
- Ability to operate independently and confidently.
- Extensive corporate governance knowledge and experience, in a commonwealth context.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in efficient, cost effective, policy and procedure development, maintenance and assurance.
- Experience managing and leading a team.
- Tertiary qualifications in risk management, governance, fraud control, business continuity and/or Insurance, especially as they relate to public sector management
Account Manager - Public Sector
+61 2 6200 3399
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856